I was eating the gluten-free, vegan toaster waffles from the back of the freezer, and when I finished them I thought to myself, “Those were too good to be true.” So, I compulsively scanned the ingredients list. Yep. Pear juice concentrate and bean flour. Too good to be true. I should look at this shit before I eat, especially when I bought them before this was an issue.
The waiting game begins.
I’m moving my stack of books into the bathroom as a pre-emptive measure.
Fuck my intestines.
Successful awesome gluten-free cheese sticks (yes, I lived life on the edge and ate a dairy product!!!)
- fresh cheddar
- gluten-free banana bread mix (since I didn’t have gf flour lol)
- hemp hearts
- egg whites
- waaaay too much margarine
- dunk cheddar sticks into bulk barn bag of gf mix
- dunk flour-y cheese chunk into a bowl of egg whites
- toss eggy cheese sick into bowl of hemp hearts and totally coat it
- heat margarine in skillet and put the cheese sticks in
- wait about 30 seconds and flip it over when it’s starting to brown
- take it off the heat when it looks melt-y and CHERISH THE SUCCESS FUCKING YUM~~
afterwards: dump the rest of the egg whites and hemp hearts into the rest of the margarine for extra deliciousness, but paper-towel off a bit of the artery-clogging liquid oil so you don’t die prematurely, much on this while you wait for the cheese stick to be a reasonable temperature
seriously, this is the tastiest thing I’ve eaten in ages. Great post-bike, post-hike, post-dinner snackage. Although this is going to wreak havoc on my body and I have to work tomorrow, so I think this might have been a bad choice. I’ll take a boat-load of Pepto before bed… :)